Thursday I wrote a column and said the game would come down to protection for Jay Cutler and Houston’s wide receivers vs. the Bears secondary. The game came down to those two things. The Bears lost both battles. They lost the second half. They lost the game.
- Willie Young has to play better in the six-game span McPhee is sidelined. Leonard Floyd’s ability/explosiveness is obvious but the Bears need Young to be their best pass rusher.
- If the Bears had ANY consistent pass rush they would have forced Osweiler into mistakes. He was fragile. But they made him comfortable.
- DeAndre Hopkins is an unbelievable player. How can you get mad about the plays he was making? That was all world stuff.
- The Will Fuller touchdown was inexcusable. But that call – in that situation – was made because Bill O’Brien saw something.
- John Fox has to challenge that spot. It doesn’t matter if most spot challenges are unsuccessful. That was a 4 and potentially 7 point swing. The risk is a timeout. The reward is you’re still in the game.
- Dowell Loggains. Not a sterling debut. Did the Bears not expect Romeo to start bringing pressure in the second half?