Had some sound issues with my phone line on the below pod. Some of Adam Jahns’ beliefs:
- Jimmy Clausen was terrible in Bourbonnais and looked similar on the field this week. Nobody should be surprised by his struggles.
- The same goes for Kyle Fuller. He was torched by just about every Bears receiver all summer and was thoroughly embarrassed by TY Hilton during the co-practice with the Colts. Jahns reports an ornery player at his locker long after the game, delivering a series of one word answers and deflections. He believes Fuller is at “a crossroads” and I agree.
- I asked how the locker room after Sunday compared to the 2014 locker rooms after blowout losses. His response was disconcerting. (I was hoping to hear about an angry room. It just sounded sullen.)
- Bears biggest problem in the pass rush is their overwhelming failure to win one-on-one matchups. Their rush is not being schemed out. It’s being talented out.
- Kyle Long is the only offensive lineman on the Bears without a penalty, per Jahns.
- Jahns gives David Fales a good chance to start should Cutler miss any time.
After the jump, listen to the entire interview.