It’s very hard to analyze a game from inside the building. You really have no idea what’s going on. But here are a few points:
- The building was 80% Bears fans. And the lack of run defense took them entirely out of the game. Bears had zero push up front.
- Charles Leno is officially a problem.
- David Montgomery has to absorb contact almost immediately upon every touch. He’s in an impossible spot back there.
- Chase Daniel processes the field in slow motion. The Bears has open receivers all over the field but Daniel (a)took too long to identify them and (b) almost never put the ball in the right spot. If the backup is playing, the Bears aren’t winning.
- Allen Robinson is a great player.
- Anthony Miller is not. Yet.
- Khalil Mack spends a lot of time on the sideline.
- This was the first time in two years I’ve seen so many wide open receivers running through the Bears defense. Just an off day or did Jon Gruden figure something out?
3-2. One game back of Green Bay. In position to have a season but with A LOT of improvement needed. The bye week comes at a perfect time.