Short post. Thanksgiving hangover. Rapid fire.
- Forget the stats, yesterday was Mitch Trubisky’s finest game. Made early mistakes. Got physically beat up. Refused to run for easy first downs. But he put the Bears on his back late and won the football game. It doesn’t change his career trajectory. But it’s a day he needed.
- When Roquan Smith plays that way, he looks like the best linebacker in the league.
- It would probably go to someone on the defense but Cordarrelle Patterson should get serious consideration for team MVP.
- Kyle Fuller. Tackle of the year.
- Nick Kwiatkoski. Most improved on defense. Pay him.
- Taylor Gabriel should go on IR by Monday. Anthony Miller should never leave the field.
- Did Jerome Boger’s crew have a block in the back quota to hit? Just let the football happen!