I have nothing to write about today. But other people wrote stuff. So I’m sharing that stuff with you.
- Adam Jahns and Kevin Fishbain delivered the piece of the off-season for The Athletic, breaking down everything circling around the offense. One big takeaway from my conversations with Adam: the Flip hire has been lauded throughout the league because it’ll take a lot of the pressure off Matt Nagy day-to-day.
- The boys at Windy City Gridiron compared the available quarterbacks to used cars. Fun concept. Well executed.
- Adam Hoge has the Bears taking a high-profile QB in the second round of his mock draft. What else does he project? Well you’d have to read his piece for WGN Radio to find out!
- Jake Fromm had a poor Combine. Bryan Perez wonders over at NBC if that performance could help the Bears land him. (Fromm is a name I’ve been hearing from folks inside Halas Hall since the middle of the season.)
- Terrific little piece on DaSite: “Rhoades would come to realize that she was speaking to the kicker for the Chicago Bears. She could not have known that she was also speaking to the future Chief Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court…Bob Thomas knew from an early age that law would be his profession. His talent as a kicker provided a decade-long detour through the NFL, spending the majority of his career in Chicago.”
- Greg Olsen got his number 88 in Seattle. How? He donated money to charity. Because he’s just a great fucking guy. And he should have spent his entire career in Chicago.
- Del Reid and 26Shirts have been a terrific partner over the last few years, so go check out what they’re offering the Chicago market on their site. Maybe buy something.
- Do you have books taking up space in your house? Check out the work being done by Books First Chicago. The public schools have depleted libraries and you can help.
- Kurt Warner thinks the Bears should show patience with Mitch Trubisky. Bill Lazor is eager to start working with the quarterback. But is Trubisky beyond salvation? I certainly think so.