Short post. Thanksgiving hangover. Rapid fire.
- Forget the stats, yesterday was Mitch Trubisky’s finest game. Made early mistakes. Got physically beat up. Refused to run for easy first downs. But he put the Bears on his back late and won the football game. It doesn’t change his career trajectory. But it’s a day he needed.
- When Roquan Smith plays that way, he looks like the best linebacker in the league.
- It would probably go to someone on the defense but Cordarrelle Patterson should get serious consideration for team MVP.
- Kyle Fuller. Tackle of the year.
- Nick Kwiatkoski. Most improved on defense. Pay him.
- Taylor Gabriel should go on IR by Monday. Anthony Miller should never leave the field.
- Did Jerome Boger’s crew have a block in the back quota to hit? Just let the football happen!
- Give David Blough credit. Yes, he had a few easy throws early. But he looked comfortable and confident. And he created some big plays with his legs.
- David Montgomery is a hell of a player. The offense looks it’s best when it runs through him both on the ground and through the air.
- How clean were those Trubisky pockets from the makeshift offensive line?
There will now be juice in Soldier Field next Thursday night.