It felt way closer than it ever was, this Bears v. Lions game. And there was one reason for that. Rapid fire is coming!
- Cody Parkey doinking four kicks – two field goals and two extra points – was one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen in football. And while it is somewhat funny in a game the Bears dominated, the team must know there is ZERO chance Parkey can make a big kick in a big spot down the stretch. Didn’t cost them Sunday. It will cost them down the road.
Matt Nagy on if the #Bears will look at other kickers this week: “Oh no. There’s zero chance of that.”
— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) November 11, 2018
- Tweet above should be alarming to fans. The Bears should have kickers in this week. Nagy doesn’t do anybody on this roster any favors with blind loyalty. Parkey has been terrible. Why would you not look to improve the position?
- Mitch Trubisky spent the week hearing he wasn’t the answer at quarterback. Then he delivered a masterpiece. What’s the criticism going to be now? It’s only the Lions? The same Lions that held Tom Brady to 133 yards? Trubisky’s numbers don’t lie. He’s going to be a top quarterback.
- Anthony Miller has to know you can’t swat the football out of bounds. Oh, and he’s gonna be really good.
- Fans will continue to harp on the running game but it’s becoming very clear that Nagy doesn’t consider that aspect of the offense a priority. The Lions were ripe for a 25-carry Jordan Howard effort and Howard was an afterthought in the offensive scheme.
- Bryce Callahan’s contract extension done yet, Ryan Pace? Don’t let this get to March.
- Khalil Mack didn’t look close to 100% but he still put two sacks on the ledger.
- Let’s look at that beautiful pass from Trubisky to Robinson…
- Bilal Nichols is looking like one of the steals of the 2018 Draft.
- There maybe be interior OL who can handle Eddie Goldman in the run game. But the Lions don’t have one. Goldman dominated Sunday.
- Roquan Smith is going to be a star in Chicago. Probably by December.
- Good on Nagy acknowledging his late challenge flag was the result of negligence. But that decision has to come from upstairs and it has to come far more quickly. Anybody with a monitor should have known immediately the Lions fumbled.
- The Bears have a quarterback who posted 23-30, 355 yards, 3 touchdowns, 1 rushing touchdown, 148.6 quarterback rating. And I wasn’t even particularly surprised. It is a new day.
And now the biggest game for the Bears in many years looms.