HOGE NAILS THREE POINTS
Sat down to write a column Monday morning and after a Google search realized Adam Hoge (WGN) already wrote it. He makes three suggestions to John Fox and all three are 100% correct.
1. Start David Fales against the Raiders.
2. Stop the nonsense and just have Pat O’Donnell boom kickoffs out of the back of the end zone.
3. Give Jeremy Langford more carries.
Quick thought on each.
- Wrote the column on why Bears should have started David Fales last week. Jimmy Clausen is horrible and everyone on earth knows that. (Did you see how Pete Carroll approached him Sunday? They were daring him to throw passes!) 2015 is in the books. Every decision should be geared towards 2016 and beyond.
- Teams are going to move the ball on the Bears all season so they’re not afraid to return kickoffs from inside the end zone. There’s no different to them between starting on the 13 or 20 yard lines. Bears can’t cover kicks currently and they shouldn’t have to. They have a protective measure on the roster. They should use him.
- Bears need to make a decision immediately whether Matt Forte is part of their future. If he’s not, he shouldn’t be on this team. I’d take Hoge’s point a step further. I think Langford should be receiving a bulk of the carries.
BEARS DEFENSE IMPROVING
Don’t believe me?
Bears are actually ranked 11th in the league and while they have surrendered the most points in the league, 21 of those points did not come from the defense. They’ve also played half their season to this point with Jimmy Clausen at QB which means they are on the field about double the amount of time they should be.
LAMARR “LAUGH TRACK” HOUSTON
From a piece this summer at PFT:
“My second thought was ‘Laugh now. Because next year when I come back, there’s not going to be much to laugh about,’” Houston said, via the Chicago Tribune.
Houston made another vow as he prepares to play the second season of a five-year, $35 million deal that he signed with the Bears before last season.
“People in Chicago haven’t had the opportunity to see my full athleticism yet,” Houston said. “They’ll be surprised. I guarantee that.”
Anybody see Houston yet this season? Email me when he makes his first play.
RAIDERS FAVORED IN CHICAGO
Bears shouldn’t be favored in any game involving Jimmy Clausen. And they won’t be.