Training camp begins at 9 AM this morning. Here is a list of questions a Bears fan might be asking as the 2013 campaign begins. (The questions are easy. The answers will be far harder to come by.)
- Will Jon Bostic or Khaseem Greene work their way into the starting lineup at linebacker or will the one-year veterans hold serve at the position?
- Will Devin Hester display the cheetah-beatah burst he’s been personally lauding to anyone who’ll listen?
- Will the new marriage of Trestman and Cutler be one without contentious on-field moments?
- Will there be a real battle at right tackle between Jonathan Scott and J’Marcus Webb? Will Webb’s demotion to the right side motivate him to stay out of the McDonald’s drive-thru and use his abilities to be a successful offensive lineman?
- Will Bears defenders adapt to the play calls coming from Mel Tucker and the in-huddle calls coming from Lance Briggs? There has been a leadership change at the top of the organization but there’s been just as significant a change in the defensive huddle.
- Will Brandon Hardin stay healthy and challenge the Wright/Conte combination for playing time?
- Will Jordan Mills, Cornelius Washington or Marquess Wilson become the player the beats start Tweeting about as “one to watch”? (James Brown was this guy last year.)
- The only question that matters. Will everyone stay healthy?
Let’s be honest, I only care about #8. What am I missing? You add more.