Two personal announcements:
First, our love to Murph and his wife as they suffer through some difficult medical issues. I got to meet Murph at the Draft Party in April and it was one of my highlights of the night. He’s a great guy and I hope they pull through this.
Second, our love to my dear friend Margot Reilly Campbell and her new husband, actor and Chicago Bears diehard Christopher Denham. I love them both and I’m proud to be part of their ceremony Saturday as a, you guessed it, Bridesman. No new post on tomorrow. Game thread will be up early Sunday.
THIS IS THE FINAL OPPORTUNITY YOU’LL HAVE TO MAKE YOUR FIRST PICK. ANYONE WHO HAS NOT MADE A PICK IN THE PICKS CONTEST BY SUNDAY WILL BE INELIGIBLE TO WIN THE PRIZE.
The Prize Reminder.
You’ll be invited as special guest of DaBearsBlog to this year’s Round One Draft Party on Thursday night, April 25th at Cortland’s Garage in Bucktown. The prize includes:
- Accommodation for draft night at The Willows Hotel, Lakeview. To see the hotel, CLICK HERE. I’ll also be in the hotel and will gladly take you for a drink at the local spot Monsignor Murphy’s if you so choose.
- DaBearsBlog will cover the open bar for you and a +1 at the event.
- $50 gift certificate for you/wife/husband/family to any of the Lou Malnati’s locations across the Chicagoland area.
- Two automatic entries into the ticket contest giveaway that evening. (We’ll announce the particular game and details once the schedule is released next spring.)
- A pair of 2012 DaBearsBlog tee-shirts.
The Week’s Lines.
- You only pick one team against the spread.
- Once you select the team they are unavailable to you for the remainder of the season.
- It is NOT a survival pool. The highest winning percentage at Week 15 will be awarded the prize. If there are ties, we’ll decide in Weeks 16 and 17 by increasing the number of games selected incrementally.
- You don’t need to pick every week. But you must make ten selections between Week One and Week Fifteen. If you picked in Week One you do not need to pick in Week Two if you don’t like the games.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR SELECTION IN THE BODY OF ANOTHER COMMENT. YOUR SELECTION SHOULD BE IT’S OWN COMMENT AND CONTAIN ONLY THE NAME OF THE TEAM YOU ARE SELECTING. (Otherwise it’s a terrible bitch for me to tally up each week.)
- Picks are due by kickoff of the early games Sunday. Picks will only be accepted in the comments of THIS post.
(Home team in CAPS)
Atlanta -3 WASHINGTON
PITTSBURGH -3 Philadelphia
Green Bay -7 INDIANAPOLIS
NEW YORK GIANTS -8.5 Cleveland
MINNESOTA -5.5 Tennessee
CINCINNATI -3 Miami
Baltimore -6 KANSAS CITY
CAROLINA -3 Seattle
Chicago -4.5 JACKSONVILLE
NEW ENGLAND -6.5 Denver
SAN FRANCISCO -9.5 Buffalo
NEW ORLEANS -4 San Diego
My pick: none. I don’t like the board this week so I’m staying away.