On the final day of the regular season, the Bears have wrapped up a first round bye. It feels very, very nice but……
I simply can’t see the Chicago Bears beating the Green Bay Packers this weekend. Here’s why:
- Urgency. I don’t think the Bears will have any and I think the Packers will be an overflowing teapot of it. It didn’t take long for reports to circulate about the Bears ramping up reps for the second-teamers, including Kalil Bell and Kellen Davis.
- The Bears have been slow starters on both sides of the ball lately. Think about what might have happened last weekend if the starters weren’t given the third quarter to excel. The Bears might have lost by four touchdowns.
- The Packers are good. They would be favored against our starters.
- I do expect big efforts from the back of our bench. I’ll be watching Caleb Hanie and the second tier of linebackers (Roach, Iwuh…etc.) closely.
- But I’ll give you my dream scenario. Our starters come out of the game at halftime and we still knock out the Green Bay Packers. That would be injury and overwhelming insult. As a matter of fact, I like it. I like it a lot.
Chicago Bears Backups 30, Green Bay Packers Starters 29
On to the picks contest…
Congrats to Viva on a season’s victory. Send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’ll let you know how to claim your prize of a $100 gift card from Fanshop.ChicagoShopping.com. After last week’s perfect records from jokey, tobijohn, enderwiggin and Ben in Norcal – many folks are still alive for the Fantasy Playoffs. I’ll be deciding who makes it on Monday.
San Diego 3.5 DENVER
NY Giants 3.5 WASHINGTON
Jacksonville 2.5 HOUSTON
NEW ENGLAND 3.5 Miami
GREEN BAY 10 Chicago
KC 4 Oakland
PHILADELPHIA 5 Dallas
NY JETS 1 Buffalo
Pittsburgh 6 CLEVELAND
ATLANTA 14.5 Carolina
NEW ORLEANS 8 Tampa Bay
BALTIMORE 9.5 Cincinnati
St. Louis 2.5 SEATTLE
SAN FRAN 6 Arizona
DETROIT 3 Minnesota
INDIANAPOLIS 10 Tennessee