Just a spectacular, improbable victory for the Chicago Bears in San Francisco.
- If Charles Tillman’s season is over, and his eyes certainly told that tale, I don’t want to discuss it. I have made it clear Tillman is my favorite modern Bear as both a football player and man. For his Bears career to end with successive season-ending injuries isn’t right. He deserves better.
- But I’m pretty sure Kyle Fuller is the real deal. I can’t remember the last performance by a young Bears defender that elicited so much hope for the future.
- You know who played well last night? Shea McClellin. Maybe it takes a few weeks to learn an entirely new position.
- Chris Conte’s interception is the reason he’s so frustrating as a player. You can’t make that play if you’re not a superb athlete with football instincts.
- Here’s something I am starting to think. Brandon Marshall is the second best offensive player in the history of the Chicago Bears. (This will be a full column midweek once I’ve thought through the idea.)
- Hey look, the Bears just dropped another pass.
- Hey look, Bears special teams just committed another penalty.
- Time to give Chris Williams a look as return man. Senorise Perry may be headed down Micheal Spurlock way.
- Jay Cutler’s numbers don’t tell the story of his game. He was excellent throughout.
Read More …