NEXT FOUR BEARS GAMES…
…are absolutely brutal. But they also allow this front office and coaching to evaluate young players in valuable positions.
- The Chargers are not good but they love to throw the ball and will throw for a zillion yards against this secondary.
- The Rams & Broncos defenses will be the best defenses the Bears face all season.
- The Packers are the Packers.
The Bears can play well for the next month and find themselves 2-9.
ONE THOUGHT ON JAY CUTLER
Interestingly his leadership is never questioned when he plays well. The reason? It was always bullshit. Jay’s problem is not personality. It is interceptions.
AROUND THE LEAGUE!
(1) Who have the Packers beaten this season that impresses you? The best team they’ve beaten is St. Louis and on that day Nick Foles kept throwing the ball to them. The NFC does not have a great team.
(2) Why don’t the Lions have 8-8 in them? Since 2001, here are the Lions win totals: 2, 3, 5, 6, 5, 3, 7, 0, 2, 6, 10, 4, 7, 11 and currently 1. While the whole league tends to spend most of their time in the 7-9 win range the Lions have only been in there twice in 14 years. They either make the playoffs or they’re awful. No middle ground.
(3) Todd Gurley is averaging more than 6 yards per carry. No other back in the top in the league in rushing averages over 5.
(4) Great late Monday night Tweet from Sam Farmer: “@LATimesfarmer: Luck is like a radio signal that keeps going in and out. We’ve got Luck. We’ve got Luck. Nope, we lost him again. Now, he’s back.” Colts owner Jim Irsay better act quickly or he will lose his star QB.
(5) Backup quarterbacks in the NFC are now 0-7 in games they’ve started. And people wonder why the starters get the money they get?
Read More …